Friday, March 23, 2007

the ringer

It has been one hell of a week.

On Tuesday, when I picked Delaney up from day care she had a very high fever. She had been fighting a cold for the past week, so I was concerned that it had turned into something worse. The doctor and x-ray confirmed she had a slight case of bacterial pneumonia. I have spent the remainder of the week home with her battling the fevers and random barf sessions.

On Wednesday, we found Chris' friend lost his 16 year old son in a car accident. He had over corrected his SUV, lost control and slammed into a poll. He was not wearing a seat belt.

On Thursday, Grandma Eileen's best friend, Pat, passed away. A few minutes later we found out a dear friend to my family, Ralf Eggert, finally succumbed to a brain tumor. He was married to my confirmation sponsor, Mary. Ralf was a great husband to her, a good friend our family and a wonderful golfer! He will be missed.

This morning I woke up with a sinus/ear infection.

Let's hope next week will be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment