Tuesday, September 11, 2007

flex your time

Most of you know I have been working as a project manager for Kintera Inc. for over 3 years. Since then the company has had it fair share of ups and downs, I have seen co-works come and go, and I have become a mom.

Growing up I imagined life would be like it was in the 50's ... dad goes to work, mom stays home to take care of the baby and home. 2007 reality is that I have to be a full time working wife/mom. This life is not easy, but Kintera has really helped to make sure I have a work/life balance allowing me to work in the office 5 hours a day/5 days a week and I spend the remainder of my 3 hours working from home.

Today on NBC Nightly News there was an interesting story about mom's working full time for companies that allow a flex time. This is not a new phenomenon and I wish more companies allowed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment