Tuesday, February 19, 2008

my blogging siesta (part 1 - the funeral)

Hello blogging world ... I am back! I know you all missed me so much, but I needed a bit of a blogging siesta. Since my last post there was so much going on that I couldn't seem to formulate my thoughts into a cohesive post. So, I am going to spend the next few days trying to catch up.

First ...

My grandfather died on Sunday, February 10th peacefully in his sleep after a visit with all of his children. Thank you all for your kind comments and prayers. His funeral was this past Saturday. It was a beautiful day and it was good to be with my family. I have to complain about the priest that delivered the sermon and burial service ... I think he was drunk! Ok, maybe not, but check this:

1) He thought he was delivering a mass for a woman! My grandfather's name is Mory ... how many women do you know are named Mory? Didn't someone consult with him before hand? My cousin had to correct him in the middle of the sermon. Talk about uncomfortable.

2) He thought my daughter was my father's daughter. Now, I know my dad looks about 15 years younger than he really is. And, I get there are a lot of families having children at a much older age. And, I look a bit tired. But, W O W ... we were a bit surprised by the assumption.

3) He thought my aunt was her own father's wife. I know there are husbands and wives that have a large age gap. But, if this priest had looked around he would notice that my grandmother's burial plot is RIGHT NEXT to my grandfather's burial plot. Again, I have to ask didn't ANYONE consult with this man?

The day ended with a lot of joy and laughter hanging out with my cousins and watching the kids play. My grandfather would have been pleased with that.

Tomorrow, the Valentine's Day update ...

1 comment:

  1. Sat was my husband's grandmother's funeral..we had dinner though with their "preacher" on Thursday..and he took NOTES. How embarrasing for you and your family. Our preacher man did flirt with my mother in law..NICE...
    Maybe your grandfather and my grandmother (in law) can meet in heaven and have a nice time...that would be a nice thought..they could get the moving in tour together. Kind of an initiation day..sometimes my imagination gets the best of me. :-)

    ReplyDelete