Saturday, September 13, 2008

word of mom: flubber recipe

Some people asked me what Little 'Ny is playing with in my second photo from last weeks WW post. It is called flubber and something you can make at home. It is actually a lot less messy than play-doh and just as fun. Here is the recipe:

In one bowl combine 2 cups of clue, 1 1/2 cups of water & food coloring. In a large bowl mix 2 tsp. of borax and 1 cup of hot water. Stir until smooth. Slowly add glue mixture to excess water. Let stand for a few minutes, and then pour into a shallow tray. Let dry for 10 minutes. Store in a plastic sealed container.

Have fun!

P.S. If you do make some flubber please send me photos of your little one playing with it and I will happily post them!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, if only I didn't have the child destined to eat (or huff) glue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort* that girl....

    My mom has made this before for her kids at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yay! We used to make that when I was little. Might have to do that as a project with the boys!

    ReplyDelete