Wednesday, July 15, 2009

SYTYCD Season 5 Episode 6

I am set on my favorites: Janette and Brandon. Every performance from them has been nothing less than spectacular. I am sad that this week they will no longer be paired up, but I hope that they both continue all the way to the end. I do agree with those of you who commented last week that the girls are much stronger than the guys this season and I am predicting the winner this season will be one of the girls.

Those of you new to this show this week is when the competition goes to another level. Pairs are broken up and routines get more challenging. We are voting for the dancer instead of the pair. I can't wait to see tonight's episode ... so without waiting any longer let's press play ...

REMINDER: This is just my personal, non-professional opinion made BEFORE the judges give their comments. Because Princess D doesn't go to bed until 9pm I often have to watch this show on DVR so I am behind all of you SYTYCD junkies, but and I don't alter what I write based on the judges comments.

Girls Do Bollywood: The costumes were gorgeous! This dance style looks so hard and full of energy. What a great performance! I have to say the girls that stood out for me was Janette and Kayla. Not matter what dance they do they make it look effortless.

Kayla & Evan: She was gorgeous dancing this style even barefooted! I feel like they did have a nice connection. I loved the lifted spin. Nicely done!

Brandon: He is a beautiful dancer! Parts of the solo seemed a bit manic, but still had amazing movement.

Janette & Ade: LOVED IT! She really can do no wrong in my book between her movement and acting. She is just amazing to me! How great that they actually used his pic as a prop!!! I honestly would have thought he was a professional hip hopper. Again, these choreographers are my favorites creating a great story and so much fun movements.

Randi: Nicely danced, but she seemed to lose her center on that last large pirouette. I think she seemed to lose control a little bit at the end.

Kupono: Funky ... really funky! I could have watched more for sure.

Janine & Jason: Amazingly complicated choreography. I thought they danced it so well. I could see the tormented passion. There was a very clear connection and well synchronized! Just stellar!

Melissa: She is so beautiful and graceful. Definitely a fine wine!

Evan: So good to see him in his style. He really does excel in his own style.

Kayla: This girl likes to throw her legs around knowing that she has an impressive extension. She is beautiful and luminescent out there. You can't deny that.

Randi & Kupono: This was a much better paso doble than the the other one done this season simply because of the costumes. The passion was there. The acting was there. But, they seemed to lose the strenght midway through.

Ade: I think he has become my favorite male! I love seeing big guys like this who move like they are light as a feather.

Janine: Best female solo of the night hands down. I think she has gown the most in this competition.

Jason: What a great solo with lots of personality! I really enjoyed that. He has a lot of potential.

Melissa & Brandon: Techinically brilliant! They are gorgeous dancing together. They were smooth and fluid. So sad that the smoke covered them up at the end.

Janette: She is so dang HAWT! I just love this girl's personality and energy. She is fantastic at any style including her own!

Boys Go African: Swagger and rhythm ... these boys got it. Stand outs for me were Ade throughout, Kupono in the beginning, and Brandon pulled stronger at the end. I enjoyed that!

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT



1 comment:

  1. i agree on most counts particularly the girls...although this week jason really stood out for me. I thought you were right brandon's solo was very manic and i thought jason's was much, much better.
    jason was also the one who stood out for me in the african dance. although ade was right there with him. brandon looked natural doing it but his movements did not stand out for me.
    poor evan he stood out but not in a positive way. i am not sure how he dances the way he does and has that dumpy body.

    ReplyDelete