Saturday, April 24, 2010

Follow up letter to an Icelandic volcano


Dear Eyjafjallajökull,

I want to thank you for calming down and letting the air clear. People are getting home or where they need to go. My daughter and I will be able to fly to London today.

You certainly did cause a lot of chaos and stress, but the bottom line is that the majority of the people affected by you are safe and sound. You did make a major dent in the world wide economy which potentially could cause some businesses go bust.

This is it, my daughter's first trip to Europe! How much of it she will remember I don't know ... but you bet I will be taking hundreds of photos to help her. How well she will handle a 10+ hour flight ... I can only hope like a seasoned child traveler. How is she going to do playing with a energetic 3.5 year old boy ... I might need a vacation after this vacation!

One thing I do know is that she will have the time of her life. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing this to happen.

~ RLM