Monday, April 12, 2010

How can you argue with that?


One of my mom's friends gave Princess D a HUGE stuffed dog. I figured it would be a good temporary replacement for her desire for a puppy.

I was right in many ways!

This dog doesn't eat, poop or bark. I haven't heard a whine from Princess D about how much she misses our old dog or how much she wants a puppy noooooooooooow. She has named the stuffed dog that is almost as big as she is "Lady Heart Flower". And every night since we tuck that dog into bed right next to her.

The first night Princess D slept with her arms wrapped around Lady Heart Flower from the second she fell asleep until I woke her up. Every night since that wonderful night of sleep Princess D and that HUGE dog have crawled into my bed pushing me over to one side.

So, last night I asked Princess D to try her best to sleep in her bed the entire night. I tucked her and Lady Heart Flower in, read them a few books and kissed them (well, my daughter that is) good night. At 3:30am Princess D crawled into bed with me sans Lady Heart Flower.

When we woke up in the morning I asked her why she didn't sleep in her own bed and where her dog was.

She said in a very matter of fact tone, "Lady wanted to sleep alone last night."

"Well, why didn't you just let her sleep on the rug in your bedroom last night", I asked.

And, she answered "Lady wanted to sleep on the side you lie on when you read books to me, but Chocolate and Bolt [her two little stuffed dogs] were sleeping in that spot, so Lady had to sleep in my spot, so I came to sleep with you."

Lady Heart Flower


Yeah, anyone have a dog house they are getting rid of?