Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


Mother's Day started a little early for me this year!

Dogeared is one of my favorite jewelry makers. I wore their "New Beginnings" lotus Make a Wish necklace when I was going through my divorce and their Karma bracelet is never removed from my left wrist. I love how their jewelry is so simple, but you can find a piece that has the perfect symbolism for you. The other thing I love about their jewelry is that their silver does not contain nickel (which I am extremely allergic to). You can imaging how excited I was when I found out Dogeared was running a giveaway for Mother's Day. To enter I had to write a post about why my mom is the best mom ever. So, I did ... and I won! I got the exciting news when I was in England via Twitter. The necklace was waiting for me when I got home.

Dogeared "Mom" word necklace


word.


The last full day of my trip The Boyfriend and I took Princess D on a little tour of London. We popped in Fortnum & Mason to pick up a Mother's Day gift for my mom. If you have never been this extremely high end store is worth visiting. Everything is displayed beautifully, smells heavenly and tastes incredible. We found perfect stuff for my mom, but I was very surprised to be presented with a little gift bag from Princess D (via The Boyfriend). Inside the little bag was a handmade chocolate biscuit decorated like a flower bouquet and some beautifully scented lime soap (I love anything lime). It was so sweet of the two of them to surprise me, but like The Boyfriend told Princess D, the best gift she could ever give me are hugs and kisses.

Mother's Day gift


flower bouquet biscuit


lime soap


I don't think my dad has ever forgotten a special occasion. He is a true romantic and at the very least makes sure he gives my mom flowers. I was completely surprised tonight when he handed me a single long stem pink rose for Mother's Day.

pink rose from my dad


These gifts were perfectly simple which is why I love each of them! For me, Mother's Day is about recognizing the simple efforts mom does on a daily basis to make life easier and better ... like packing lunches, taking care of you when you are sick, listening to you, picking up something at the store that she knows you like, making sure you get home safely.

I love my mom and I love being a mom because it is the simple things that really makes life complete. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I hope your day is filled with simple surprises!