Tuesday, June 1, 2010

NaBloPoMo - Day 1: Now


A friend of mine said that I should participate in this month's NaBloPoMo challenge. I laughed at first because I thought he was joking! Then I realized he must simply be crazy (he does think his NY Mets will beat my SD Padres tonight). The thing is I barely have had time to write lately because I am trying to find the right balance between my day job and life. This balancing act has caused me to lose my writing mojo. Then he had to go reminding me that NaBloPoMo is exactly what I need right NOW.

The theme of this month's challenge is NOW. What the hell does that mean?

Things that happen in my daily "now" are not all that interesting. Like right now I am watching The Aristocats with Princess D. She has her Marie ears on and is all washed up for bed. My later now will consist of catching up on work email while watching a little TV before waking The Boyfriend up for work (if you don't know he lives in London) so that we can chat for an hour before I have to get my beauty sleep. Exciting stuff, huh?!?!

This NOW theme will be an serious writing challenge for me to keep interesting. I will have to tap into my creative mind again and find some inspiration to keep myself going. So come back every day to see how I do and to cheer me on.