Friday, December 29, 2006

the girls are back!

I did it ... 18 months of breast feeding! I am so proud of myself for sticking it out through the late night feedings, the cracked nipples, the pumping, and the biting. But, the hardest thing of all was weaning Little 'Ny.

As a baby I never took to breast feeding, so it was my goal to breast feed Little 'Ny for 1 year. She prefered nursing and struggled with a bottle, so we had to train her to use a sippy cup at 6 months old. When she was 9 months old I was able to cut out the afternoon nursing. When she turned 1 year I stopped the night time nursing. It was the morning feeding Little 'Ny didn't want to give up.

She is starting day care when she turns 18 months, so I wanted to wean her before she started for fear of overwhelming her with separation anxiety. Because of the holidays Little 'Ny was sleeping in every morning and I came down with a horrible cold. So, I took the opportunity to wean her completely ... it worked!

Here are the list of things that I couldn't live without during this time:

These past 18 months have been an amazing experience bonding with my baby girl. I will never have moments like that with her again and will cherish every memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment