Tuesday, March 18, 2008

the rack

I love "The Rack!" No, not my rack ... get your mind out of the gutter. I mean the Nordstrom Rack!
I love a good bargain, but I am not a fan of bargain shopping. It takes so much energy and patients to dig dig dig through racks of unorganized clothes. I can't stand crowds or long lines. I am one of those quick find it and buy it shoppers. When I started working in the ecommerce business it revolutionized my shopping experience ... no lines, no crowds! But, I still get a thrill from a really great bargain.
I just lost my brand new Juicy Couture sunglasses. I loved these sunglasses and it breaks my heart that I can't find them. Plus, I have such a hard time finding sunglasses that fit. So, my mom recommended that we hit "The Rack" to see if they have anything I might like.

As expected "The Rack" was jam packed with people and clothes. After 5 minutes there I started to feel claustrophobic. But, then I found them ... a pair of Mark by Marc Jacobs sunglasses! They are the larger (but, not the obnoxiously large) lens style with an aviator twist. They fit like they were made just for me! The best part ... they had been marked down from $98.00 to $29.95!

The thrill of the hunt for another great bargain quickly took over me and I quickly joined in with the rest of the crazed bargain hunters.

Five over stuffed circular clothing racks later and I had found only one other item. A very cute Roxy coat that was marked down from $78.00 to $19.99! (I will have to take a picture of it for you.)

I was satisfied with my two new items. And, I must say they looked fabulous on! I still prefer the no fuss online shopping, but if I ever get the urge I will be hitting "The Rack" again!

1 comment:

  1. We have a Nordstrom Rack within a 20-minute drive. I'll have to brave the crowds one day. Those sunglasses look awesome, and mine just broke. Good excuse to venture out!

    ReplyDelete