Monday, March 24, 2008

weight watcher dropout

When I was a kid getting pounds on me was impossible. I was petite in ever sense of the word. I was a very picky eater and a dancer (ballet, tap and jazz). My dad is a health nut as well as a black belt in Tang Soo Do. At 65 years old still works out 5 days a week and plays/walks 18 holes of golf once a week. My mom was so skinny as a young woman, but at 32 she had me and has been battling her weight ever since then.

Up until I delivered my daughter I did cardio & lifted weights 3 days a week and practiced yoga 5 days a week. I am a full time working mom and breadwinner of my household. I yet to find the right balance of my time for work, exercise, food and family. Now here I am, 32 years old with a 2.5 year old daughter and I find my self battling the same weight gain war my mother has been.

During my pregnancy I was careful of my diet since high blood pressure runs in my family. I nursed for over a year and continued my "pregnancy diet". The pounds dripped right off. Once I stopped nursing the pounds stopped decreasing ... on the contrary, they increased. Now, I am 35 pounds over my ideal weight.

Last month I signed up for a free trial of Weight Watchers Online. But, I hate dieting ... I hate counting points ... I hate scales. My mom is a WW member and has a friend she attends meetings with keeping her on track. I asked my mom if she could pick up some of the "WW tools" to get me started. Like the wonderful mom she is ... she did! So, I canceled my free subscription and opted for this blog.

This blog will serve as my daily journal and my weekly check in. You (my readers) will become the friend who keeps me on track. To keep this blog interesting I will post on other findings and insights I pick along my path to (en)lightening my body. Please support me by reading and commenting often.

Follow me on The Daily Plate
Thumbs Up

No comments:

Post a Comment