Monday, April 21, 2008

week 2 weigh in: importance of breakfast

A friend of mine who is also a reader noticed that on Day 12 and Day 13 I did not eat breakfast. She reminded me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. She is right. I don't typically don't function well without breakfast and my cup o' caffeine (latte or black tea). If I skip it I get a headache and/or really cranky.

I love breakfast foods while Hubs can eat ANYTHING for breakfast (even salad).

As a Filipino I was raised on eggs, rice and longgonisa. It is such a comfort food for me. To this day my mom still makes it for me if I come over for breakfast.

I have never craved "sweet" breakfasts (pancakes or waffles), but I enjoy them if set in front of me. My favorite breakfast in college was a bagel with cream cheese (and I wonder where I got my Freshman 15 pounds came from).

Now that I am in my 30s and a mom my metabolism simply doesn't allow me to indulge in a yummy breakfast. I work full time and Little 'Ny is in day care, so a sit down breakfast is not in the daily schedule either. So, what is on my breakfast menu: a cup of Smart Start cereal or Quaker Instant Oatmeal.

Leave me a comment if you have any other "grab and go" breakfast recommendations?

Follow me on The Daily Plate

Thumbs Up

No comments:

Post a Comment