The location. I have been to Chicago 3 times before this trip, but all of them were during the winter. It was great to take the Architecture River Cruise ... see all of the buildings and the river walk while enjoying the weather.
The Expo. Who doesn't love SWAG? I know I do and I am not ashamed to admit it. But, what I loved most about the Expo was meeting some of the vendors of products I feel strongly about:
- Picnik - Thank you for the 3 months off the premium service and I can't wait to try out some of the new features!
- Nikon - Thank you for taking the time to look at my camera and show me some tricks on how to control my flash. You were incredibly helpful ... now maybe next year I could be invited to your ultra exclusive party?!?!?!
- Disney - I need one of those little laptops for my princess ... that thing is the coolest!
- Playskool - Those mechanical dinosaurs are so adorable and if the dog version is just as fun then I think you have solved (if not slowed down) the princess' yearning for a puppy.
- Suave & Degree - Not only was your cocktail party amazing (hotel, cocktails, food) all of the women working there were incredibly friendly and helpful and the new products are great!
- Pearl of Wisdom - You have inspired me to speak out about my experience with the HPV virus and find ways to educate people about it.
The people. I finally got to hang out with some phenomenal women I have become friends with, meeting bloggers I believe are brilliant writers or photographers who I have been too shy to reach out to, and meeting bloggers who read this little old blog. There are so shout outs and so many photos I want to feature ... that will have to be another post!
Next post ... BlogHer '09 Recap: Liked It ... stay tuned!