Wednesday, July 22, 2009

BlogHer bound!

It is BlogHer '09 Eve and I am bunking up with Miss since we are flying out of LAX tomorrow morning for Chicago. Sadly I am missing So You Think You Can Dance, but that's what DVRs are for I guess.

Most trips I am always prepared weeks in advanced. Luggage is out with things thrown in as I think of them. To do lists have check boxes already marked. Clothes are purchased or washed.

Nope. Not this trip. I packed today.

The weather is 80*F with 90% humidity, yet we will be in the hotel a good portion of the time. So, what the hell am I supposed to pack. I am meeting people for the first time after years of talking online. Will I look like they imagined me to look like. Most of my shoes ended up in storage in an unmarked box and I really don't have the funds to shop for new stuff (I moved in with my parents to save money).

Bottom line ... people will like me because of what I write, my eye for a good photo and my personality ... not for what I am wearing (right?). So, after digging through my closet here is what I have ended up with (with a few additional items I added post photos):

too much clothes

dresses galore


Oh ... of course can't forget my traveling pharmacy of pills and vitamins (shuuuuush):

pills & vitamins


I probably packed way too much, but I suppose more is better than less. And, thank goodness for the expandable suitcase. Bring on BlogHer '09 and all of the chaos, fun and the "It is so good to finally meet yous." I am ready for the photo ops, the inside jokes, after conference posts and necessary changes to my blog based on the new things learn. I am ready!

8 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 22, 2009

    Good for you for packing light. I pack last minute all the time. It keeps me from overpacking...uh, yeah, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love rtavelling light and than i worry i dont have enough variety etc LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  3. woke up looking for your sytycd commentary...and i am missing it! have fun at blogher. btw i won't spoil it but melissa has gained a whole new level of awe from me. and try not to miss tonight, its the 100th episode and this is the one where katie holmes is dancing, i am looking forward to seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I always overpack too. It's always the 'just in case' moments that get me. Woo - hope you have a great time at BlogHer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your adventure was fantastic, looking forward to reading and seeing all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally and unequivocally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry I missed seeing you. I would like to have met you.

    ReplyDelete