Wednesday, July 8, 2009

SYTYCD Season 5 Episode 5

So, last week I started picking out my favorites and I have to say my choices have changed a bit. Favorite girls: Melissa and Janette even though Kayla is an AMAZING dancer. Favorite guys: Ade and Brandon

REMINDER: This is just my personal, non-professional opinion made BEFORE the judges give their comments and I don't alter what I write after they give their comments.

MELISSA & ADE
Dance #1: LOVING the hair on her! And her beauty shake! I really am loving them as a pair. He is so strong and she is so flexible. It was a lot of fun to watch.
Dance #2: Gorgeous ... simply gorgeous. She is so graceful and he is so strong. I loves that twisting thing they did when he laid her down on the ground. His pirouette were beautiful! This was one of the most entertaining waltz I have ever seen.

KAYLA & KUPONO
Dance #1: Temendous! I love watching these two dance contemporary together. They get so into character and you could sense the connection and story.
Dance #2: What I like about them is the little details they keep in mind ... feet, hands, face. It was nice to watch, but not as strong as their contemporary performances.

KAITLYN & JASON
Dance #1: I kind of feel for this couple. They seem to be getting the hardest dances. I thought they danced it well, but it didn't do anything for me.
Dance #2: Beautiful! Finally they got something to show off their strengths. So well synchronized and control. I enjoyed it!

JANINE & PHILLIP
Dance #1: His sit spin with one leg was great! This actually seemed to fit this style. Those moves he had to do look HARD! I thought she looked like a little doll out there and looked beautiful. I am not sure what to think about it, but it was interesting.
Dance #2: Well, wasn't she a sexy little minx in this dance! That was fun to watch, and he even got to use some of his style in it!

RANDI & EVAN
Dance #1: Seriously Tabitha and Napoleon are my favorite choreographers on this show. They do such a great job with putting feeling and stories behind their work. As for these two doing hip hop ... hmmmm, not their style clearly. It was not hard hitting enough, but they did have emotions and connection.
Dance #2: It was good, but not sultry enough for me. I give them an A for effort.

JANETTE & BRANDON
Dance #1: HAWT! HAWT! HAWT! She has phenomenal legs. The snap in them could have been faster and sharper, but the length and how straight their legs were together was beautiful. They were in sync and have so much chemistry. To me they are the hottest couple on this show!
Dance #2: Loved this performance! They are just a great couple and I am bummed out that they will not be dancing together next week. To me they are perfection and both of their performances tonight are my favorites. I am impressed! Love them!

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT




2 comments:

  1. Commenting live!

    Melissa and Ade-
    1st One- John Travolta couldn't have done it better. :)
    2nd One- Absolutely beautiful.

    Kayla and Kupono-
    1st One- Weird and intense but so cool.
    2nd One- Adorable and fun.

    Jason and Kaitlin-
    1st One- She was beautiful and graceful. And he was there.
    2nd One- They needed to get a room. I felt like I shouldn't be watching that.

    Jeanine and Phillip-
    1st One- That was very Russian and very cool. I loved that it was different.
    2nd One- That one was sexy and cool. Much better than the Russian thing.

    Randi and Evan-
    1st One- Was cool and they were in sync and wonderful.
    2nd One- That was hawt! They are definitely my favorite couple tonight.

    Jeanette and Brandon-
    1st One- This was all about her and those legs. I wish I had legs like that.
    2nd One- That was fun.

    I can't wait to see who they all get partnered with next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. things are finally getting going!! I think overall the girls are stronger than the boys.
    janette is turning out to be my favorite what she is doing is amazing with only having a salsa background.
    i still love kayla and kupuono but wonder it they will do better at styles other than there own, the contemporary dances are starting to look the same.
    melissa is great and i love the fact that she is not a spring chicken!

    ReplyDelete