Friday, October 2, 2009

Rhymes with "puppy"


They don't fetch. You can't cuddle with them. They don't make much noise. At least you don't have to pick up their poop.

WE GOT GUPPIES!

magical guppies


We used to have beta fish named Mr. Limpet, but he died before we moved. Princess D performed the usual ceremonial funeral flush sending Mr. Limpet to the ocean. She wasn't emotional about the loss of her fish. Instead of wanting another fish she asks daily for a puppy.

So, I was a bit surprised when she mentioned this week that she wanted to get some fish. Four to be exact. I figured goldfish would be perfect for her. So after swim lessons yesterday we stopped off at the pet shop. Princess D picked out her 4 goldfish and we made our way over to the supplies where I was informed I would need a 20 gallon tank.

A 20 GALLON TANK! FOR GOLDFISH!

I looked at Princess D and said we need smaller fish. I pointed to a small tank and told the guy helping us to find 4 fish that could live in a tank that size. He took us over to the guppies.

TINY, COLORFUL, HAPPY GUPPIES!

We headed home with a 2.5 gallon tank, rainbow colored rocks, 12 plastic miniature plants, fish food, a bottle of dechlorination drops, and 4 guppies.

getting ready for the guppies


Princess D adores her 4 new little friends. I let her name them. Apparently we have magical guppies because she named them Ginny, Ron, Hermione and Harry Potter!

Hmmm ... I wonder if they will magically clean their own tank?!?!?!