Sunday, October 25, 2009

She's Crafty


Etsy is fabulous, but I am sucker for live craft fair. I love seeing what people create and attempt to sell. I love getting ideas for things I can recreate at home for a fraction of the price. And, I love finding the most unique hand crafted items.

This weekend I went to a local craft fair that included a children's carnival ... fun for me and Princess D! There was the typical vendors you see at most craft fairs. As you know I am on a shoe string budget so I was not planning on buying. But these little goodies had to come home with me and didn't break the bank.


The Plastic Tootsie Pop Spoon Spider.

Take a black plastic spoon. Glue 8 black pipe cleaners as legs along the side of the spoon and a black pompom with googly eyes to the top. Then stick a Tootsie Pop (or any lolly of your choice) as a fun surprise. You can use nail polish to decorate the top of the spoon.

spoon spider pop



Pumpkin Bell Necklace

You have probably seen this before, but Princess D loved it. Two color ribbon, same color plastic beads, and a bell shaped like pumpkin. Can't get much easier than that!

pumpkin bell necklace



smallPortions Jewelry

Now this you can't make at home ... unless you have steady fingers and a knack for hand sculpting polymer clay. These food themed mini charms made my mouth water. My favorites were the peas and carrot earrings, the cupcake bracelet, the strawberry necklace and the ice cream earrings. I got some apple charms to make into bracelets for Princess D's teachers for Christmas gifts. If you are interested in getting some of these tasty treats I can give you the number of the maker.

small Portions jewelry



Come back tomorrow to see photos from the kids carnival!