Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cleaning out the closet so that I can fill it back up again


It is not a secret that I am a bit of an organization freak. It's part of what controls my anxiety. My mom says that even as a little kid she never had to tell me to clean my room. My toys were organized. When I got older my cassette tapes were alphabetized. And now my closet is organized by color, sleeve length and clothing type.

I have always loved fashion. I am no Carrie, but I love clothes. When I worked for Gap for 3 years a good portion of my pay check went straight to stuffing my closet with the latest merchandise. I left Gap in 2003, and over the years I have kept adding to my closet, but not taking away from it.

That brings me to today ... Spring Cleaning Day. For months mom has been pestering me to get rid of all of the clothes I never wear or should no longer be wearing. This is a task I don't think anyone likes to do including me. This weekend I finally presented the opportunity and I was out of excuses. Princess D was with her dad the entire weekend. I had no plans with Miss. It was cold and gloomy outside. The Boyfriend was home and on Skype, so I pointed my camera at the closet and with his encouragement I began to purge ...

empty hangers


purged


It is theraputic to get rid of the old ... especially when I have already bought some new clothes to fill up some of the empty hangers!