Tuesday, June 8, 2010

NaBloPoMo - Day 8: Under water


I am drafting this post on my BlackBerry while Princess D has her swim lesson. I look up every time it is her turn with the instructor. I watch her standing on the edge of the pool in her diving position. In a split second she is under the water and swimming free style easily to the other end of the Olympic size salt water pool. Her stamina and form always amaze me!

Her lesson is about 15 more minutes, so I don't have much time left before I have to get her out of the pool and drive 30 minutes in rush hour traffic home. It will be dinner time once we get home followed by bath time. She will have some time to play and watch a movie while I clean up. Then it's off to bed for her.

So why am I writing this post now? Because I am so underwater at work that I will spend the rest of my free time tonight while she is sleeping soundly attempting to make a dent in the 60+ unread emails in my inbox. I am trying to not stress out. There are only so many hours in a day and I need some of that time to be a mom. It's a matter of keeping up my stamina and form until I can get back above water.

Sent from my BlackBerry