Monday, November 22, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 13


A letter to Taylor Swift.

I find it amazing that a life situation can be written as a song, sung out loud for the world to hear, gossip about and criticize. When I first left my husband it was close to impossible to put into words how I felt. It was like something had died in me and I was the one who killed it. How does one write about that? I wrote unpublished post after unpublished post for fear of who would read it (or read INTO it). That is when I heard the song White Horse. The song described so much of how I felt. Someone else provided me with the words I needed to say whenever I was feeling confused or tongue tied. I could belt it out in my car while sitting in traffic or quietly sing it while crying in the shower. The song sank into my heart and became part of me until I was through the divorce.

Things are so much better now and I don't really want to revisit the song. I still love it, but it reminds me of so much that I have put behind me. You can read more about what this song means to me here.

I just want to say thank you for writing what I couldn't.

********************
Learn more about these two projects:
30 Days of Truth
National Blog Posting Month