Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 8


If you have been reading my blog for a while or know me you know that my divorce got nasty with my X. I did not share the details out of respect to him and his family, but in all honestly, we probably both made each other's lives hell up until just a few months ago.

During our separation my X's cousin felt she had a right to attack me. In a way she contributed to me pulling away from the marriage even more. A relationship has two sides and both sides have very complicated issues. She only heard his side and assumed she knew mine.

I know very well about family bonds and how protective they can be, but there is something very wrong about how she went of her way to actively watch my Facebook profile page so that she could comment on every single thing posted. Or, to read and comment negatively on every blog post. Or, to follow my Twitter stream searching for anything she could misconstrue. These actions tiptoed on the edge of stalking.

I didn't let her behavior go on for long. I asked my X to have her to back off. I blocked her on Facebook. I locked down my Twitter account. My friend Terra explained in one of my post comments how IP address tracking works. Then all went quiet.

To this day I don't know what she was trying to accomplish with her tyrade. She hadn't make a positive impact on our marriage to begin with, but she certainly left a negative one. As horrible as she was I did learn from her:

  • do not get involved when you aren't involved in the first place
  • do not feed a negative situation with more negative energy
  • do not throw stones
  • that hatred is a very ugly quality
  • that if you have a problem with someone take it OFFLINE

But everybody thinks that everybody knows
About everybody else but nobody knows
Anything about themselves,
Because they’re all worried about everybody else.

~ Wasting Time, Jack Johnson


********************
Learn more about these two projects:
30 Days of Truth
National Blog Posting Month