Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy 2 Year Anniversary, @UKCharlie!


You would think that after 9 trips going back and forth to see each other saying "See you soon ... I love you" would get easier. Well, it doesn't. It gets harder.

The Boyfriend and I are starting to transition out of the Honeymoon Phase and into the Comfortable Phase. The past trips have been about sightseeing and adventures. This trip was about day to day normal life. There is still passion since we go months at a time without having physical contact, but we find simply falling asleep in each other's arms and waking up to each other's kisses can be just as amazing.

This trip we used the weekends to spend quality time with Princess D, playing with Chloe and having dinners with my parents. We spent the week at our company conference ... apart during daily sessions and meeting up during breaks and meals. We lazied around watching movies while cuddling on the sofa. We took Princess D to school and Chloe on walks. For me this was as real to daily life as it gets. And, I loved every minute of it!

Tonight standing in the middle of LAX international check in I found myself unable to let go of him. I wanted to memorize how the smell his cologne mixed with his skin, how strong and secure his hand felt around mine, how our lips molded together when we kissed. These are things I don't get to experience on Skype.

When I was finally able to let go of him, I watched The Boyfriend walk through the winding security line. It was torture being that close to him without being able to actually be with him, but I waited until I could no longer see him. It was then I was able to walk back to my car. Daily life will go back to how it was before ... without him. The one side of my bed is empty with his scent still lingering in the sheets making me miss him even more.

Today marks our 2 year anniversary. A day when we should be together. Instead I am trying to fall asleep in my room while he is trying to sleep in a plane on his way back to the UK. Where ever he is my heart is with him and his heart is here with me ... and that I know is real!

Happy anniversary, honey! I love you. I will see you soon.