Friday, February 25, 2011

Yoga for Hope


I started practicing hatha yoga in 2000 when I was living in San Francisco. For 2 years I twisted my body in a heated room at least 3 days a week. I was in the best physical and mental condition of my life.

City of Hope has also discovered the benefits of yoga. Patients are offered gentle restorative yoga classes as a complementary therapy to traditional treatments. This program has had a profound impact on quality of life for many City of Hope patients.

On Saturday, March 5, 2011, I will be participating in Yoga for Hope, an event to bring awareness to the benefits of yoga practice for patients with life-threatening illnesses. The proceeds will go to benefit research, treatment and education programs at City of Hope, one of the nation's leading centers for cancer treatment and research.

Please support me and City of Hope's work. All donations are fully tax-deductible. Let's help improve lives together.

Here is information about Yoga for Hope if you would like to join me:

DATE: Saturday, March 5, 2011

LOCATION: Hilton San Diego Bayfront, 1 Park Boulevard, san Diego, CA 92101

REGISTRATION FEE: Adults (16+) $40 online or $50 day of event

Registration: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Ceremony: 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Yoga and Meditation: 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Vendor Booths Open: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

Featuring renowned yoga instructors Stacy McCarthy, Tim Miller, Bonnie Saldivar-Jones, Michael Fukumura and Claire Petretti, as well as yogi musician Steve Gold.