Monday, May 2, 2011

Hi Girlfriend!

My 5 3/4 year old daughter received her first real phone call from a friend in her class on Friday night. It went something like this ...

Friend on phone: "Hi girlfriend!"

Princess D: "Hi girlfriend! What are you doing right now?

Friend on phone: "I'm in my backyard. What are you doing right now?"

Princess D: "I am getting ready for bed. What are you doing now?"

Friend on phone: "I'm going to my bedroom now. What are you doing this weekend?"

Princess D: "I am having a fancy sleepover at my grandma & grandpa's house. Do you want to have a play date and a sleepover?

Friend on phone: "Yeah!"

Princess D: "Ok girlfriend! Let me ask my mom."

Friend on phone: "Ok girlfriend! I have to go now. I love you!"

Princess D: "Bye girlfriend! I love you!"

Friend on phone: "Bye girlfriend!"

I couldn't help laughing while being unnerved at the same time. This is happening way too soon!