Sunday, May 8, 2011

Motherhood

I will never forget how I felt the day I found out I would become a mother ... excitement, anticipation, fear, shock, relief and above all else, love. Unconditional love for the child that was growing inside of me. I had no idea what was in store for me. I had no idea how to be a mother. What I did know is that this child was already the most important thing in my life.

There are days when I just want to be alone. I want a 10 hour night sleep without a being woken up by Princess D crawling into my bed at 7am to watch My Little Pony. I want to spend an entire day reading a book that doesn't have pictures of a Disney princess in it. I want to take a shower without having rush because she needs me help her with something. I want to not worry that I am spending too much time on me when I should be spending it on her.

It is when I hear her say "I missed you, Mommy" I realize my time to be selfish will come. I can already picture those pre-teen years when I will be missing all the things I want a break from right now. This little girl is my world. It is her love that fuels me every day and gives me a purpose. Motherhood is not a job ... it is my life, and I love it! I love her.

Today Princess D is wearing an adorable felt flower headband I ppicked up @queenbeemarket #QBM11


Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all of you other mommies!

1 comment: