Friday, May 6, 2011

Vi Peel ... Round 1

It has been one week since I got the Vi Peel done at OasisMD Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa. My overall thoughts ... AWESOME!

The process is painless. First, my face and neck was cleansed with a gentle soap to get rid of any makeup or dirt. Then alcohol pads were used to remove oil and any dirt that is deeper down in my pores. Finally, the chemical peel is applied in one coat. Since my skin didn't react badly to the chemical another coat is applied. My skin still didn't react badly after the second coat, so a final coat is applied as close to my under eye skin as possible. The only sensations I felt was a warm tingle on my face and the scent was overwhelming. I was sent home with instructions of how to take care of my skin for the next week, two scrubbing cloths, a heavy lotion and SPF 30.

The first day after the peel was applied I didn't see much of a difference. My skin never got red and patchy. I just look like I had been at the beach the day before. Day 3 and 4 was when I really started to peel. It was painless ... just a bit messy. I recommend keeping your hair pulled back and to not wear a black shirt those days! I wore a really good hat when I was out in the sun and made sure to reapply the lotion and sunblock.

2 days after the peel was applied


By day 5 the peeling was just in spots around my face. Today there is a little bit of peeling around my ears and neck, but it is not very noticeable. What is noticeable is the reduction of my acne scars, the color of my forehead is more even to my cheeks and my skin is smoother all over.

NOTE: These photos were taken with my mobile phone camera in the office with overhead lighting and natural light through the windows. I did not retouch the photos other than add my watermark. I am not wearing any makeup other than eyeliner and mascara.

7 days after the peel was applied

7 days after the peel was applied


I have two more peels to go and I am really looking forward to the end result! Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment