Tuesday, November 6, 2007

nablopomo day 6: memory loss lane

Recently my parents sold the house that the lived in for 32 years to move closer to their only grand-baby. Their new house is much nicer than the house I grew up in. Better location and only 20 minutes away from me!

Every Sunday Little 'Ny and I go hang out over at their place for the day while Daddy watches football. It is my time away from chores and the computer (plus, I get a little bit of retail therapy with my mom while Little 'Ny takes a nap).

Now that my parents are unpacked my mom wants me to go through all of my old high school things. This includes my trunk full of cheerleading and dance team stuff, books, cassette tapes and old letters ... BOXES of old letters.

When I was in high school we would write each other letters and fold the paper in a distinctive way so you would know who the letter was from. Then in between classes you would slide the letter in to the person's locker like a mailbox.

So, I decided to read through some. I recognized the handwritting and names on a few of them, but a name popped up of a guy who I apparently went out on a date with. I HAVE NO IDEA WHO HE IS! The letter was professing his adoration and his disappointment of me not returning it ... and I don't remember him at all! I searched my year books and found nothing.

Can my memory really be that bad? Chunks of high school are completely missing. It is actually driving me a bit crazy that I can't remember a person I wrote letters to. Wow, "mommy brain" really is real!

No comments:

Post a Comment