Monday, November 5, 2007

nablopomo day 5: ugh ... boogers

Last week Little 'Ny came down with a horrible runny nose and cough. We made our routine visit to see her pediatrician who informed us once again is was simply another cold and to monitor her progress.

It has been a week. She is still sneezing. She is still coughing. She has not gotten any better. Ack!
I have been sucking out boogers from her nose almost hourly every day. Yesterday, I gave her Hyland's C-Plus Cold Tablets in an attempt to make her better faster.

Today, all of mucus that is backed up into her sinuses is coming out of her eyes! So, not only am I sucking out nose boogers I am cleaning up eye boogers. Double ack!

Tomorrow we are making another trip to the pediatrician. I prefer trying homeopathic remedies before giving Little 'Ny another perscription. So, let me know if you have any suggestions on how to breakdown mucus.

UPDATE: Yup, it is a sinus infection. At least we know she can go back to school and the antibiotics will take care of everything ... now it is a matter of trying to get her to take the medicine. Need more suggestions from all you moms out there on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment