Saturday, November 3, 2007

nablopomo day 3: my changeling

In folklore a changeling is the offspring of a fairy, troll, elf or other legendary creature that has been secretly left in the place of a human child. Changelings would be identified by their wizened appearance, voracious appetite, malicious temper, inability to move, and other unpleasant traits.

After I picked up Little 'Ny from school yesterday I thought I would treat her to a trip to Target to pick up a Go Diego Go DVD. As we were leaving she wanted to get a box of Goldfish crackers. Since we already had some in the car I told her no. The next then I knew she was throwing a full blown temper tantrum. I was horrified and quickly left the store.

On Tuesday, when we got home Little 'Ny was expecting her Daddy to be there so she could show him the art work she did at school. When she realized that "Daddy no here" she quickly changed from happy-go-lucky to pissed off. Sure enough, when Daddy did come home he got the silent treatment from her for over an hour ... no "Hi Daddy!," no kiss, no hug and no smile.

Little 'Ny is almost 28 months and according to most books I have read we are beginning the "terrible twos" stage.

Maybe Tinkerbell switched out our sweet Little 'Ny for a changeling!

Ok, not really, but if this is just the beginning of "terrible twos" I better get me a 6 month supply of red wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment