Saturday, November 24, 2007

nablopomo 24: let the shopping begin ...

My favorite holiday is Christmas. I love the music, the decorations, the food, the lights, the gift wrapping, the merriment. What I don't love is the shopping.

Now, don't get me wrong ... I HEART SHOPPING! But, "Black Friday" and weekend the follows just 'ain't for me.

I like shopping at my leisure.

I don't like getting up at 3am to get in line at the Disney Store just to get the discount.

I like browsing the neat racks.

I don't like digging through over crowded pile of inventory that has already been picked through.

I like getting in and out of the store.

I don't like standing in long lines to pay.

So, what is the solution for shopping this time of year ... the World Wide Web!

Before the job I have now I used to work for Gap Online and Banana Republic Online. Shopping on the web was my life. I have learned to love it. No lines, just slow connection sometimes. You can complete your entire shopping list in one afternoon without wasting a tank of gas driving all over town to the different stores you need to get to.

So, what are you waiting for? Get online and go shopping! What are your favorite online gifts websites?

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree with you more. Shopping under protest stinks!

    Here are a few strategies for shopping with children from a blog entry I wrote a couple of days ago. Shopping
    Stop by. I'll be back too!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete