Friday, December 28, 2007

my new wheels

Over a month ago I started my quest for the perfect used car and yesterday I finally found it!

A 2007 Toyota Rav4. It is perfect for me -- only 7k miles on it, great condition, not too big (but not too small), and it comes certified with the manufacturer's warranty. What is not perfect is my credit score. Hubs is not pleased with what we are paying monthly, but with diligent payments I can get my credit score up and my interest rate down. (NOTE: First resolution for 2008: improved credit score!)

Here is the crazy part of this whole car shopping experience ... this is the first car I have ever bought on my own!

My first car was a Nissan Sentra that my dad bought me when I was 16 years old. I drove that car for 13 years until it got totaled in a car accident when I was 6 months pregnant with Little 'Ny. My next car was a 1997 Ford Explorer Limited my dad bought, but I ended up driving it since we needed a car. I have co-signed on a used Ford F150 for Hubs, but he uses that for work and it really is his. But, when the Explorer decided to break down on me I realized it was time to find a reliable and newer car. So, yesterday I finally did it ... I bought a car all on my own. And, I will be paying it off until the end of time ... but it is all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment