Sunday, April 27, 2008

week 3 weigh in: a new challenge pays off

As you know I manage Red Lotus Mama and this blog. I also have another blog that is just for my family. This blog was intended to be updated daily, but as you might guess it is a lot of work. So, this week I tried something new ... The Daily Plate. It is a free online service that helps you track what you eat. You start by entering your current age, height, weight. how much you want to lose. Then it calculates how many calories you can eat a day. Every day you enter in the food you eat and you can keep a diary. You can view your calorie intake chart along with a bunch of other charts (sodium, sugar, cholesterol, etc.). At first I thought it would be difficult to constantly update it, but I found that it is quite easy and inspiring. It has become a good challenge to stay below my calorie intake target level. I ate healthier this week than I have in a long time.

On Wednesday I did a hatha yoga class and on Thursday I went with a co-worker to a yoga/pilates fusion class. After 2 1/2 years of no exercise (other than chasing and picking up Little 'Ny) doing these two classes has left me pretty sore. But, it is a good kind of sore. I have more energy. I feel lean again. I am starting to feel like my old self.

As a result of these two changes I have lost 3 pounds in one week! I am so incredible proud of myself. I am starting to have some confidence that I can lose this weight. Sacrifices and will power are showing positive results. Let's hope I can keep up the pace!

Follow me on The Daily Plate

Thumbs Up

No comments:

Post a Comment