Monday, June 8, 2009

Nothing is Permanent

I have come to the decision that moving in with my parents is the only solution to getting my finances to a place that is comfortable for me and Princess D. I have been living paycheck-to-paycheck without a savings account for far too long. My debts and loans are not getting paid off. My property cost is almost half of my income and the value of it is not getting better. Oh yeah, and, there is the possibility that I might have to pay my X alimony!

No adult with their own child wants to move back in with their parents. I will be surrendering my privacy and personal space. My commute will be longer and harder. And ... well, I guess that's the only cons.

By moving in with my parents I will have delicious and healthy meals cooked for me every day, more space for me and Princess D to play, a pool to swim in every day during the summer, use of a better washer & dryer, my own in house mechanic, babysitters when I need to deal with work emergencies ... and, I am able to put my money towards paying off my debts and loans in hopes to start a real savings for the future. The pros far outweigh the cons.

To add to my list of pros for moving to my parents' it looks like my mom is having some health problems. Having me around the house to help out will be good for her and my dad. Plus, she loves spending time with Princess D. This will be good for all of us.

You might remember that one of my new year's resolutions was to start purging and de-cluttering. Most of our belongings will be going into storage, but our closets needed some serious attention before the move.

First up was Princess D's room! The kids has clothes.

time to purge


Between 3 sets of grandparents and loads of aunts, uncles and cousins she is one well dressed kid. On top of that she has finally hit a growth spurt and is fitting into the correct size clothing instead of still in 2T. I had Princess D help sort out the clothes from the drawers ... what is too small and what we keep. Then I let her fold what we were going to keep. Then my mom and I tackled the closet. Clothes and hangers were flying off the rack! We ended up with 4 piles ... what we save as keepsakes, what is going to her baby cousin, what is going towards a garage sale, and what can go to her Dad's house. The remainder is hanging in her closet.

Next up ... her toys and the home decor. It is going to be a very busy month!

6 comments:

  1. OOOH! I'm so excited for you. I mean, DECLUTTERING. My favourite thing to do. Really, I think this will be a good thing. Y'all are so close, even the cons don't seem con-worthy to me. ;)

    Hugs and get wells to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds like a good thing.. a chance to help give you and your sweet one a better future..

    And I am with ZJ.. decluttering is the best therapy ever..

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 08, 2009

    In our lives there are things we have to do that we hate to. How lucky you all are to have each other.

    Now for your ex-husband....what kind of a man would take from a woman who is supporting his child?! What kind of upbringing, moral and ethical values does he have?! I know of blind, crippled and with all kinds of physical problems that work so that they don't have to take from others especially from a woman! He has to be the scum of the earth!

    You have to be the kindest person to even allow this man to visit or be with his child when when his only concern is himself! God help and protect you and give you good health because your child needs you.

    You and your daughter will be fine. Just reading your blog, you have the most caring parents. Your child is lucky to experience this time with them because she will learn invaluable lessons and good values. The best to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do what you have to do. It's what makes you stronger. And your daughter seeing you make sacrifices for a larger gain will make her wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it will work out fine for you and as you say nothing is permaneant things change too quickly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am shocked that he would even ask for alimony when you are left supporting his child. He should have to pay you child support. What a jerk.

    But it sounds like your move will be for the best. Family is always a good thing to have on your side, because God knows it is no good when they are against you.

    ReplyDelete