Wednesday, June 17, 2009

SYTYCD Season 5 Episode 2

Last week's loss was not really a surprise for me. As cute as he is I really never understood why Tony was picked for the Top 20. So, here goes folks ... pseudo live blogging about tonight's performance.

Randi & Evan - So much great energy and personality. It was FUN! They are a really cute pair and I think matched up perfectly. The tricks were great too.

Melissa & Ade - So good! Jazz happens to be the style I learned before moving into Hip Hop, so I think Sonya is becoming one of my favorite choreographers on this show. Melissa is becoming my favorite dancer ... to see her from last week to this week is nothing short of amazing! She is a trained ballerina and what she displayed tonight was so different, but perfection. Ade is fantastic. His strength and control is impressive.

Kaitlyn & Jason - Her slow back flip roll thing ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! This girl has some serious strength. I thought she was good, but clearly this style is not one of her strengths. It felt a little to "white girl dancing hip hop" to me. I really like Jason ... I am thinking that he might be a dark horse in this competition.

Janette & Brandon - Best quote I have ever heard on this show: "The only thing I bench are girls!" Thank you for that Brandon. They are the best pair to pull off these tricks. The obviously put their all into it and had a lot of fun. Out of all of the seasons this is the best Disco performance I have seen.

Asuka & Vitolio - Beautifully danced, but still didn't feel as "light" as I thought it should feel. There is an airiness that seemed to be missing for me. But, they are technically incredible.

Kayla & Max - Spectacular choreography, performance, chemistry and personality ... but, what the hell were those costumes?!?!?! I think the costume department was smoking something funny the day they came up with these outfits. They were so distracting that it was hard to focus on the dancing. Ugh, I hate when that happens. Replace the costumes and this is my favorite overall performance of the night.

Karla & Jonathan - Wow ... I am actually surprised by them as a pair. I really liked this performance. She is a gorgeous dancer and he really is much stronger than I originally gave him credit form.

Janine & Phillip - Ok .. not my favorite performance of the night which I am sad about because they were so good last week and I love watching a good tango. Considering their background of no ballroom (specifically tango) training they did well. The leg movements were quick. She was sultry and down in there. He was dark and moody, but movements were not as smooth as they should be. Not bad, but not great.

Ashley & Kupono - She was great ... hard hitting and strong. He was good, but not great.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT



1 comment:

  1. Great round up! I also found those costumes extremely distracting. For me, Karla and Jonathan really, really got to me, they were fantastic!
    Can't wait for the results tonite!

    ReplyDelete