Friday, August 28, 2009

Holding down the fort

Hop. Skip. Jump. Over the pond I go!

That's right folks I am taking a break! Or, as the Brits say "I am going on holiday!" I am going to the land of tea and crumpets ... jolly ole England!

The last time I was there was in 1999 and I have been itching to go back since. I love England for so many reasons ... Shakespeare, Cadbury, Harry Potter, Jane Austen, Newcastle Brown Ale, the Brontë sisters, tea, The National Gallery, castles and cathedrals, the Royal Family ... I could go on and on!

While I am gone a bunch of my favorite bloggers are going to tantalize you senses with their words and photos. It is a festival of guest posters ... a Guestpostfest! (Yeah, I need a vacation.) I am so thankful for their time and effort to write these posts, so please come back to say "Hi!" to them. Here is the line up:

Monday, August 31: Zoeyjane from Mommy is Moody
She has graced my blog before and I have quoted her as my muse. She has been in my life for some of the darkest hours holding my hand while keeping my skin looking beautiful with Lush and Stem products.

Tuesday, September 1: Mommy Melee from Mommy Melee
I am incredibly honored that she said yes to guest posting for me. I love reading her Girl Talk Thursdays and tweets. She is such a good writer and so gorgeous that I was totally intimidated to meet her at BlogHer '09. Next year I am making it a point to hang with her.

Wednesday, September 2: Miss from Just One Miss
Many of you know Miss is one of my best friends in this world. I like to joke that I am going to get Princess D a shirt that reads "My mommies love me" for her to wear whenever we go to Disneyland. She is one of the most loyal and loving people I know.

Thrusday, September 3: Emmie from Life Behind the Curve
I met this lovely lady thanks to the #partyplane for BlogHer '09. I have to bow down to her for running the BlogHer 5k after a night of drinking. After lots of dancing at the MamaPopRocks!: A Sparklecorn Extravaganza I knew we would become good friends. She is coming down in September to hang out and I cannot wait!

Friday, September 4: Daddy Dan from Babito's Dad
He is the only man to write on my blog, so be nice to him! If you read his blog you will agree with me that behind all of that snarkiness he is a good family man who LOVES his season passes.

Saturday, September 5: VDog from VDog & Little Man
There is only one word that can describe this woman ... CRACKERTASTIC! She makes me laugh. She makes me cry. And, she gives the BEST hugs!

Sunday, September 6: Colleen from Mommy Always Wins
I actually can't remember how I met this fabulous lady. Somehow we crossed virtual paths. I loved her blog before the make overs and love it even more now. You have got to love a woman who hosts a Twitter happy hour! I finally met her face to face for the first time at BlogHer '09 and I have to say that she is one hot mommy!

Monday, September 7: Nancy from Fear and Parenting in Las Vegas
I met her on Plurk (remember Plurk?!) and honestly thought when I announced my separation she was going to tell me how important it was to save my marriage. Instead, without judgment, she listened to me cry, commiserated and provided me support. I love this woman ... and not just because she lives in Vegas!

Tuesday, September 8: Lex from The First Girl
I sat next to her on the #partyplane. She was probably the only other LobbyCon registrant and trolled the Expo booths with me. I had so much fun with her going to the parties, on the Architectural River Cruise, seeing Harry Potter, and eating delicious meals. She is a the perfect way to end the RLM Guestpostfest!

Happy reading and I will see you all on the 9th and I promise to give you a fresh Wordless Wednesday.

Cheers!