Friday, November 13, 2009

NaBloPoMo Day 13: The Tao of Pooh - Inner Nature


As I mentioned last week my therapist has me reading The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff. So much of this book speaks to me. I am not necessarily looking a life differently, but more clearly.
"When you know and respect your your own Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong. One man's food is often another man's poison, and what is glamorous and exciting to some can be dangerous trap to others."

Many people who know me are familiar with my neurotic compulsive organizational skills. Everything has its place in my home and office. I am more calm when my world is organized. I like schedules and being on time. Kids work adapt and thrive on schedules. Budgets only work with planning. I am already planning out 2010 in order to get my finances in order without having to deprive me and Princess D from living.

I am also creative and passionate about culture. I love writing and reading. I love photography and the arts. I love traveling to different countries to experience amazing sights, tasting different foods and meeting new people.

My X is the complete opposite. So, I started to over compensate or lax. This stresses me out constantly. I get headaches when I start to over compensate specifically on the right side of my head. My logical side starts to constrain my creative side. I lose my focus when I get lax which quickly makes me stressed out and I start to over compensate again. With him I lose my balance.

This creative side of me is what balances out my OCD. Its my Inner Nature.

making waves