Friday, November 20, 2009

NaBloPoMo Day 20: The Tao of Pooh - Not a Fool


I really am finding The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff to speak more and more to me. It explains the most complicated life problems in the simplest way. For example:

The wise know their limitations; the foolish do not.

It has been a brutal work week for me. Not because I don't understand the work, but because I have an outrageous amount of it. I have been working the minute my laptop turns on until I go to bed. I had back to back meetings forcing me to cancel therapy and acupuncture appointments. Work has crushed me.

I know my limitations. I know the hours in my day I can work vs. when I spend time with my daughter. I would be a fool to allow those two worlds blur into each other too much. She is my priority.

One day she said "Mama, I really want you to play with me. You work too much." It crushed me. From that day I made a promise that I wouldn't turn my laptop on until she goes to bed. I never want her to feel like she is less important. I don't think of her as the cause of my limitation because there is no limit to loving and parenting your child. My limitation is the number of hours I have in my day. I can't physically create more hours. I would be a fool to think I could.

So, this weekend I am turning work off and focusing on my Princess ... and I can't wait!

pink glasses