Thursday, November 11, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 10


I have been trying to come up with who in my life I need to get rid of or wish I didn't know. Trying to figure out who I could write about caused a major writer's block.

The easy answer is my X. I got rid of him last year when I ended our 5+ year marriage, but as long as we live or our daughter lives I will never totally be rid of him. I can't wish I didn't know him because if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have Princess D.

Currently the friends I have are people I want in my life. There were quite a few "friendships" I developed because of my marriage that involuntarily ended due to the divorce.

A couple of weeks ago I thought for a split second I needed to get rid of The Boyfriend. I thought if by getting rid of him our lives would become so much easier. Easier, maybe. Better, probably not. To get rid of him would be getting rid of part of my heart.

Once again I am blank. Maybe that means I am lucky that right now my life is not being interrupted and I am not wasting my wishes on an unhealthy friendship.

********************
Learn more about these two projects:
30 Days of Truth
National Blog Posting Month