Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lego Octopus, Spa, Chiropractor ... OH MY!


It has been a week since I got back from England. Amazingly I kept up with writing posts, checking emails and keeping my calendar up to date while on the other side of the pond. I knew that I would be really busy the first week back just with diving back into my day job and shuttling Princess D around, but I didn't realize how many social media events I had RSVP'ed that I would attend. Here is the recap:

Special Event at SEA LIFE Aquarium: Compliments of BuyWithMe
On Thursday, SDBloggers and BuyWithMe hosted an exclusive preview of SEA LIFE Aquarium's upcoming exhibit, Octopus Garden. I have never been to SEA LIFE Aquarium and I live only 10 minutes away, so I was really excited to check it out! It is a smaller aquarium than the others I have been to which is nice for little kids. The displays were simple and colorful. There were Lego play stations and touching pools. I only got to see the downstairs area, but I could see why kids love this aquarium!

It was an intimate event of local San Diego bloggers. Delicious food was served in a square room with moonfish swimming in a huge school around you. Adorable mocktails with a gummy octopus stuck to the side of the champagne glass were offered when we walked in. Wine was being served around the starfish and sea snail touching pool. I had so much fun chatting with La Jolla Mom, Muffin Tin Mom, San Diego Deals & Steals, Sugar Jones, SD Bargain Mama, and many others!

Overall it was a great event. I would have liked to learn more about the concept around the Octopus Garden, but I will certainly be back with Princess D since I purchased the Buy With Me deal - $7 for one general admission ticket to SEA LIFE Carlsbad Aquarium!

SEA LIFE Carlsbad Aquarium #octopusgarden



SDMOMfia and La Costa bring you #SpaSocial
On Friday, the San Diego MOMfia hosted a spa social event at Spa La Costa for about 200 bloggers from San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles and Arizona.

This event was FABULOUS! The champagne was flowing along with the delicious lobster and crab sliders, seared tuna skewers, angus beef sliders, hummus and duck dip, and sorbet with chocolate dipped strawberries. Hand exfoliation treatments were offered as we lounged in our plush robes. We could take dip in the pool and hot tubs, use the saunas and walk the reflexology path. Amazing prizes were given away and everyone got to go home with a goody bag.

I got to catch up with so many of my favorite local bloggers, chatted with women I follow on twitter but have never met, and met a lot of bloggers I didn't know before. It really was a great night with so many fantastic women!

Spa La Costa #SpaSocial


La Jolla Tweetup with Dr. David Klein
Last night Dr. David Klein (also known as "DK") hosted a tweetup organized by Sogeshirts. I didn't know who DK was before the event (at least I thought I didn't) or even what the even about, but Surfer Wife had invited me so I wasn't going to say no!

About a month ago I tweeted that I had a headache. Minutes later I got a reply wanting to know if I was interested in natural headache remedies. Of course I was, so I replied with my email address of where to send the information to. Shortly after I received an email to a link to a YouTube video about headache relief tips. The tips were valid and interesting so I "favorited" the video. Last night when I walked into the event I greeted by the man in the video ... it was DK! He did not know that I had seen his video and it did not convert me into a paying client of his at the time, but social media marketing worked because I instantly recognized him and have referenced this video to other people who suffer with headaches. It is clear that DK is not just a chiropractor, but he is an internet entrepreneur.

The event was held at Dr. Klein's San Diego chiropractic office for about 10 bloggers to learn how to monetize our sites. During the evening we got to sample Falkner Wines, ate sushi, and were treated to massages and spine evaluations. Because it was a small group of people it gave us a chance to "talk shop". We brain stormed ideas, made connections and laughed ... A LOT! It was a really good evening chatting with Surfer Wife, San Diego Momma, Maegan, Semper Fi Momma, Sogeshirts, Morgan, and Cathie.

With Dr. David Klein @purposeinc #LJtweetup


It was a whirlwind of social media events! They were all so different from each other, but I am so happy I attended all of them. Thank you to all that hosted!