Thursday, April 14, 2011

Don't miss the My Little Pony special event on The Hub


My daughter LOVES My Little Pony. She can't get enough of them. Every day she watches one episode of the "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" on The Hub (which is a joint venture of Discovery Communications and Hasbro, Inc.). When the ponies were the McDonald's Happy Meal toy we were on a mission to get every single one of them. She has been wanting the Princess Celestia pony, so I am using it as incentive to get her to pass her reading words test ... we'll see if she passes next week!

I remember when I was a little girl I loved My Little Pony as well. I had the figurines to play with, but now The Hub is introducing an all new "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" cross-platform initiative that includes an online event, coloring pages and a special "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" episode airing on Friday, April 15, (1:30 p.m. ET). The Cutie Mark Chronicles is about the origins of their favorite ponies' signature "Cutie Marks" for the very first time. A pony’s "Cutie Mark" is both important and symbolic to each pony’s individuality and serves as a personal symbol that defines their unique character, passions and ambitions. The episode follows three young ponies known as "The Cutie Mark Crusaders" on a quest to seek out the untold stories of the iconic ponies and their famous "Cutie Marks." The special online event My Little Pony Tales lets you and your child view a clip from the episode, read three short stories and choose an answer to "How did RAINBOW DASH get her Cutie Mark?". The Friday, April 15, episode will reveal which of the short stories is true and how the episode ends.

The Hub will be featuring "My Little Pony Mega Cutie Mark-a-thon," a special marathon of episodes on Saturday, April 16 from 9-11 a.m. ET. This two hour marathon of popular "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" episodes will feature an encore presentation of “The Cutie Mark Chronicles” airing at 10:30 a.m. ET. You know I will be filling up my DVR that day! To find the channel in your area check the Channel Locator at the top of The Hub World website.

If you love My Little Pony like we do here are some pony coloring pages you can download:

Download Young Applejack Coloring Page
Download Young Spike the Dragon Coloring Page
Download Young Twilight Sparkle Coloring Page
Download Young Rainbow Dash Coloring Page