Saturday, November 22, 2008

NaBloPoMo 22: All She Wants for Christmas



I love Christmas.

The meaning of the season. The memories it evokes. The twinkling lights. The gorgeous decorations. The smells. Seeing little faces light up. Spending time with family. Getting cards with pictures of my friends' kids. Finding the perfect gift for someone.

Everything about it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Princess D has inherited my love for Christmas. She hasn't stopped talking about Christmas since we saw Santa on vacation in Maui. Then when we got home she spotted in a Target toy catalog an entire page of Disney Princess stuff. At first she said she wanted all of them. Then I reminded her about asking Santa for one of them and maybe the grandparents will buy her the other things. So, she got her heart set on the Sleeping Beauty Light-Up Vanity. We tore the page out of the catalog and put it on the fridge for safe keeping.

I mentioned in yesterday's post that we went to the mall last weekend. To my surprise I found out that Santa was already there! (Geez ... maybe next year he will be there the day after Labor Day.) I knew we couldn't go to the mall without stopping to see him. And, the Princess wouldn't let me forget to bring the catalog page so she could show it to him.

showing Santa what she wants for Christmas


pretty please, Santa


Santa hug


It was a magical moment for her! Since then she keeps telling me how nice Santa is, how she can't wait to make him cookies, how she is a "happy girl" and not a "sour puss" or "naughty" (she has been on her best behavior lately).

Next week I am going teach her the gift of giving!

6 comments:

  1. Awwww, I love kids who still truly believe! Makes it worth all the debt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she's a smart one, bringing the order number and photo and description and everything! The red dress? To. Die. For.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is **nothing** like Santa. He just represents something magical to me. When my mom was in the hospital (she's fine now) Santa appeared in the hallways to greet the children. Mom wasn't doing well in ICU and just seeing Santa made me feel that everything was going to be okay.

    I was 30 at the time - and Santa still made it better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with that little red dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is sooo cute!!

    I have been reading your blog at work for a little while but I can't comment on it at work so this is probablly my first comment. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete