Saturday, November 7, 2009

NaBloPoMo Day 7: Tank of Death


If you remember last month I got Princess D four guppies in hopes to keep her mind off of wanting a puppy. We quickly added to our population of guppies with a carnival goldfish properly named Hagrid.

goldfish


Hagid lived in a bowl in my bedroom while the guppies were in a 2.5 gallon tank in Princess D's room. I came home one day to find that my parents had purchased a 5 gallon tank with a filter. My mom figured that is should be fine if we just combined all of the fish into one tank. It probably would have word if the small spotted guppy (Ginny) wasn't such a bully pushing Hagrid around.

The next morning my mom found Hagid belly up with a bunch of his tail fin eaten away.

I found Ron the guppy belly up one day, but before Princess D could see him I had flushed him down the toilet.

Out of guilt my mom and I purchased two replacement goldfish. We made sure they were small enough to be mixed in with the guppies. For the first couple of days everything seemed ok. Then in one day we lost Hermione the guppy and the Hagrid 2 the goldfish.

reflection


Princess D was so sad when she first buried Hagrid. She said he was so much fun and that now I didn't have a fish in my room. But, when Hermione and Hagrid 2 died she mourned for about a minute before getting back to her toys.

We have found a nice burial spot for the fish who pass. In the front yard under the newly planted orange tree. A rock with their names painted on it marks the spot. Princess D can visit them when ever she likes. A

Fish Graveyard


We have decided that 3 small fish in the tank is plenty because we are running out of room to fit all of their names on this single rock.

RIP: Ron the guppy, Hagrid 1 the goldfish, Hermione the guppy and Hagrid 2 the goldfish.