Friday, November 5, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 5


There are so many things I hope to do in my life, but the one thing I really hope to do is travel more. I have a very long list of places I would like to go, but The Boyfriend has always asked what my top 5 place to travel to are. So, here they are ...

ITALY
When I was in university all of the Spanish and French courses were impacted, so I was forced to take the next best language available ... Italian. After 3 semesters of it I was determined to study there and travel around for a few months, but I was an English major with a focus in British Literature and my parents felt that studying in England would be more beneficial. They were right. I loved everything about England and being there made everything I was studying come to life. I have yet to go to Italy. After years of not practicing Italian I have forgotten most of it, but my desire to travel the country has not changed.

BALI
More specifically, I would like to go on a yoga retreat in Bali. Yoga was a huge part of my life for 5 years, but I haven't found time to fit it in lately. Bali is remote enough that I can unplug off and simply cleanse my body and mind from all the stuff I clutter it with.

PRAGUE
It has become a very popular tourist location, but I have always wanted to see it. The cobble stone streets, the castle, bridges, cemeteries, Gothic buildings and cathedrals. It would be a photographic dream come true.

FRENCH
I have already been to Paris. I am more interested in traveling the wine country -- Bordeaux, Champagne, Provence, The Rhone Valley. It would be the ultimate 2 Hot Bloggers experience!

JAPAN
Specifically I would love to travel to Kyoto, Tokyo, Nara, Takayama and Usuki. I am fascinated with the culture and food. The scenery, temples and shrines would be camera candy!

The Boyfriend loves to travel too, so I hope we get to see these places together some day.

********************
Learn more about these two projects:
30 Days of Truth
National Blog Posting Month